Gates open at 11:30am and close at 6:30pm. Last drinks will be poured at 6.00pm.
BrewDay 2020 is being held at Brewtown in Upper Hutt. This is a completely undercover venue.
Brewtown is the home of Boneface Brewing, Panhead, Good George, Wild Kiwi Distillery and Te Aro Brewing - if you haven't been to Brewtown yet, you need to go.
Brewtown is easily accessed by train. See the map below for Brewtown's location.
Here at BrewDay, we are committed to keeping everyone as safe as possible. To help with this and do your part, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay at home.
- Please ensure you scan the BrewDay Poster tracing COVID QR Code before you enter BrewDay - there will be plenty of posters available for you to do this. If you can't scan in, please see the gate staff to have your details recorded.
- Once you have progressed through security, please sanitise your hands.
- Please avoid direct contact with others (handshaking etc).
- Please sanitise your hands throughout the day, santisers will be at every stall, as well as scattered around the venue.
- Please wash your hands if you go to the toilet - you shouldn't need to be told this.
- Please only drink from the cup you are issued with.
- If you have flu like symptoms at BrewDay, please see the first aid staff or go home.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow - then sanitise.
Thank you for doing your part in helping us stay at level 1.
When you arrive at BrewDay you will be issued with an AWOP Wristband, this is our cashless payment system – if you have pre purchased a loaded ticket, there will automatically be $30 on your band, it is already activated and you can start purchasing.
For those that need to load BrewDay currency onto your AWOP band you will need to visit an AWOP kiosk, activate the band and load with money. Please note that AWOP will charge a $3 activation fee at this stage.
At BrewDay if you have an Orange wristband – you can purchase any product. If you have a Green wristband this denotes you as a sober driver or a person under 18yrs of age, you won’t be able to purchase alcohol – but you can purchase everything else.
If you have an Orange wristband and during the course of the day, look like you have had enough alcohol, or are misbehaving – we will “Yellow Card” you, this means you won’t be able to purchase alcohol anymore.
This is how it works
If, at the concluson of BrewDay you still have money left on your wristband, please visit the AWOP kiosk at BrewDay for a refund.
If you have left BrewDay and still have your wristband and would like a refund for funds still on it - fear not - we have a solution, please follow these steps:
- Visit the AWOP website ay www.awop.co.nz/refunds or by CLICKING HERE
- Click the BrewDay image or CLICK HERE
- Provide the information required to complete your refund.
Please note that the refund system is available until 28 November 2020.
Due to BrewDay 2020 being a sell out, there will be NO door sales.
Servings will be tastes of 75ml and glasses of 280ml for beer and 50ml and 150ml for wine.
Prices will range from $2 for tastes and from $5 up to $10 for full pours. The higher the ABV, the higher the price.
We deeply regret to advise that on the day of BrewDay - Metlink have scheduled planned maintenance to take place on the rail network, no trains will be running for Brewday, buses will be replacing trains for this event, so please ensure you plan ahead and make alternate travel plans where possible.
Metlink have further advised that generally, the bus takes about 15 minutes longer than the train (depending on traffic conditions), these run times are clearly displayed on our service alerts on the Metlink website here so passengers can plan ahead.
Replacement Bus Stops
The BrewDay trains normally run on the Hutt Valley Line, to see a list of replacement bus stops for this line, please CLICK HERE
Accepted Methods of Payment on Replacement Buses
The replacement buses will accept the following payment methods:
- Train tickets/passes or tickets purchased from the train ticket office.
Snapper cards are NOT accepted.
If you are bringing your own car, please remember to bring a sober driver. The entrance to the carpark is on Blenheim Street, adjacent to the main entrance of Brewtown.
Please note that all drivers may be subject to a breath test prior to leaving the carpark.
Sober Drivers (aged over 18 with a full drivers licence) will be permitted free entry into BrewDay. Please identify yourself as a sober driver at the entry point.
Sober Drivers and those under 18 will be issued with a special green AWOP wristband, this wristband will enable them to purchase any item, except alcohol.
Your ticket gets you:
- Entry to BrewDay
- Drinking Glass
- Live Entertainment
- Access to Wellington region's finest breweries and food providers in one place
- An opportunity for you to have an awesome experience
Looking forward to dancing and rocking out? Then high energy band Cover Story won't disappoint. Playing a good mix of anthems and covers they will ahve you up on your feet in no time. Perfect to end the day on a high note
To check out Cover Story - Click Here
Awan & Friends
Music that's not as big as a live electric band. Acoustic sets led by Awan Gde.
To check out Awan & Friends - Click Here
Play it Again Sam
Play it Again, Sam!" is a Piano Man show, starring Sam Hyde on piano and vocals. His solo act is a fresh and exciting blend of crowd favourites - including recent classics from the likes of Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars & Coldplay, as well as honoring all-time greats such as Sir Elton John, Billy Joel & Jerry Lee Lewis.
To check out Sam - Click Here
Bavarian Beer Fest Band
Wayne and the band will be welcoming people to BrewDay and setting the Oktoberfest Theme by playing traditional Oktobefest music right from the start.
You CAN bring the following into BrewDay
- Empty clear plastic water bottles
- A camp style or similar chair (1 per person and at the discretion of the organisers) for use on the green space.
- A blanket for use on the green space.
- Food for infants - this is at the discretion of the organisers
- A Great attitude
You CAN'T Bring the following into BrewDay
- Alcohol of any variety
- Soft drinks
- Animals (exception for service animals)
- A Bad atttiude
- Chilly bin (or Esky for Australian's)
Smoking and vaping are permitted at BrewDay - there will be a dedicated area outside the covered area at the venue. For the comfort of others, please use this area when smoking or vaping.
Any persons showing signs of intoxication on arrival at BrewDay will be refused entry.
Any person who is deemed by security, event staff or Police to be intoxicated will be asked to leave BrewDay.
All BrewDay attendees consent to having their photo taken via camera or other device while at BrewDay and further consent to the photo being used for promotion purposes by BrewDay Organisers and or Sponsors.
Upon arrival at BrewDay you will be asked for proof of your age if you look under 25 years old. Acceptable proof of age identification is:
- Drivers License
- HANZ 18+ Card
If you do not have one of these forms of ID with you, you will not be admitted to BrewDay.
Water will be provided by the BrewDay organisers. You may bring clear empty plastic bottles into BrewDay and can fill them from the water stations.